Aurora Seaplane Base (ICAO: SLAB) is a public single runway island airfield and seaplane base. The aerodrome is located on the beautiful island of 'Grand Manan Island' and 'Swallow Tail' regions of the Sailor's Cove East Estate - an independently operated group of sims in the eastern part of the Blake Sea.
- Airstrip is largely unmarked and hidden by trees, pre-landing flyover is advised.
- Airstrip is at 34-38m elevation. Minimum recommended approach, 50m.
Created circa 2008, Aurora Seaplane Base is an island airfield and seaplane base constructed around the 'Grand Manan Island' and 'Swallow Tail' regions of Sailor's Cove East. The seaplane base consists of a series of timber rental docks, La Gamba Negra, a 24/7 self-service restaurant, operated by Avatair and a small terminal building with a passenger waiting lounge and the check-in area of Britannia Air. Above and behind, situated on the plateau of a small hill, there is a basic grass airfield consisting of a lit landing surface (surrounded by trees on either side), a refuelling station and a wooden watchtower.
The following list includes all scheduled services to and from Aurora Seaplane Base, as of November 2016. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
- Britannia Air
- Exotic Charters
- Flux Airlines
- GridWide Airways
- Philippine Airlines
- Phoenix Flying Tours
- Rebel Air Charter Service
- Vulture Air
Facilities and services
- Small terminal building with:
- Passenger lounge.
- Airway charts.
- La Gamba Negra 24/7 self-service restaurant
- Marina with x16 rental docks.
- Teleporter system (Sailor's Cove East/Second Norway).