The Beechcraft T-34 Mentor (ICAO: T34P / WAKE: LIGHT) is a propeller-driven, single-engined, military trainer aircraft. Created in Second Life by Java Designs, the aircraft was based on the real-life T-34 Mentor, produced by Beechcraft.
The real-life Beechcraft T-34 Mentor was derived from the civilian Beechcraft Model 35 Bonanza. The earlier versions of the T-34, dating from around the late 1940s to the 1950s, were piston-engined. These were eventually succeeded by the upgraded T-34C Turbo-Mentor, powered by a turboprop engine. The T-34 remains in service more than six decades after it was first designed.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Airspeed, compass, artificial horizon, altimeter, and vertical speed indicators.
- Engine on/off, front/rear canopy, camera, passenger, gear, flaps, eject and lights switches.
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (canopy, landing gear, propeller, control surfaces, etc.).
- Tail hook/catapult system (Shana Carpool's catapult and arrestor system).
- Flight physics with flaps simulation.