Bluejet Airways (ICAO: BJA / IATA: BJ / Call-sign: Bluejet) is a virtual non-commercial airline in Second Life®. Bluejet serves the Second Life® Grid with commuter travel between regional airports in the Blake Sea, Nautilus, Satori, Corsica, and Sansara continents.
Originally operating as the private charter service Holiday Jet, it was determined that the service could not meet passenger requirements and needed to begin operating larger aircraft. Consequently, the airline changed its name on 5th December 2014 to Bluejet Airways in order to become a mainstream Passenger Airline in Second Life®.
Following its transition into Bluejet Airways, the airline more than doubled the number of its flight destinations and began using the Embraer E170 medium-range twin-engine jet airliner. The airline also operates the Embraer E120, the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan and the Airbus A318 which is the flagship of the airline. The company notes that it will have regularly scheduled flights during the week and passengers can still schedule a private charter by contacting airline owner and pilot, HarrisonFord23 .
Airports in Second Life® served by Bluejet Airways include:
- Aleksandr International Airport (SLAI)
- Brook Hill Airfield (SLBH)
- Cheerport Intermodal (SLCS)
- Dragonport International Airport (SLDA)
- Full Throttle Airfield (SLFT)
- Hollywood Airport (SLHA)
- Juneau Regional Airport (SLJA)
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- Seychelles Isles Airport (SLSI)
- Slapdoogle Regional Airport (SLSR)
- St Martin Airfield (SLSM)
- White Star Airfield (SLWS)
- Yeager Field (SLYF)
- XD Marina & Airfield (SLSA)
As of December 2014, the Bluejet fleet includes the following aircraft: