The Boeing 727-100C (ICAO: B721 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a mid-size narrow-body three-engine jet combi aircraft. Created in Second Life by McKeenan Aviation, the aircraft was based on the real-life Boeing 727 built by Boeing Commercial Airplanes from the early 1960s to 1984.
The real-life Boeing 727 was built by Boeing Commercial Airplanes from the early 1960s to 1984 and can carry 149 to 189 passengers, with later models capable of flying up to 2,400 to 2,700 nautical miles (4,400 to 5,000 km) nonstop. Intended for short and medium-length flights, the 727 can use fairly short runways at smaller airports. It has three Pratt & Whitney JT8D engines below the T-tail, one on each side of the rear fuselage with a centre engine that connects through an S-duct to an inlet at the base of the fin. The 727-100C is a convertible passenger cargo variant of the 727 featuring an additional freight door and strengthened floor and floor beams.
- Flight characteristics are affected by flaps and landing gear (physics scaled down for Second Life). Adjustable Handling - change handling characteristics whilst in flight.
- Working lighting (landing lights, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Animated components (yokes, levers, engines, doors, spoilers, leading edges/slats, 3-surface flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudder, and landing gear).
- Rezable ground-support vehicles and props (air stairs and forklift).
- Integrated Cargo System - transport cargo from airport to airport, gain rank, earn pseudo cash, smuggle (available soon).
- Adjustable pilot seat (up or down).
- Mod/Copy - Change or re-texture. Texture maps & drop-in paint system (with built-in grid textures for quick and accurate texturing).
- Passenger eject feature.
- The 727 is Boeing's only tri-jet aircraft.