Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey (ICAO: V22 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircraft with both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL), and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability. Created in Second Life by Amok Dynamics, the aircraft was based on the real-life Bell-Boeing CV-22B Osprey.
The real-life Osprey was designed to combine the functionality of a conventional helicopter with the long-range, high-speed cruise performance of a turboprop aircraft. Jointly developed by the Bell and Boeing companies from 1983, the aircraft first flew in 1989, and began flight testing and design alterations. The complexity and difficulties of being the first tiltrotor intended for military service led to many years of development. Since entering service with the U.S. Marine Corps (2007) and Air Force (2009), the Osprey has been deployed in both combat and rescue operations over Iraq, Afghanistan and Libya.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD).
- Controls can be swapped between pilot and copilot and vice versa.
- Animated components (rear cargo ramp, entry hatch, surfaces, landing gear, tiltrotors etc.)
- VICE combat system with functioning rear gun mount and flares.
- Two included liveries.
- Cargo hauling ability: Cargo hook lifts objects upon hook/object collision. Included in the pack are two cargo objects - a fully functioning M113 Gavin APC and a customizable cargo crate.