Claremont Airport & Blake Sea Airport (ICAO: SLBS) together formed the largest operational airport in Second Life prior to the construction of the gigantic 3+ sim airports of 2014. The combined facility was constructed across three dedicated regions on the north-east coast of Satori. Claremont Airport is re-opening on the Sim
- All runways where located on platforms suspended over the surface level. Minimum recommended approach at 50m for northern runways, 68m for southern runways.
- Helicopters and Airline traffic have the right-of-way.
- Southern runways for small general aviation traffic only. Commercial traffic use northern "Blake Sea Airport" runways.
Following the closure of Prague International Airport, two new airports began operating from the site in late 2013 - Blake Sea Airport and Claremont Airport. The two eventually merged to form one of the largest operational airports in Second Life - spread across three dedicated regions, offering four runways, numerous hangars and vendors, access to the adjacent military airport and a dedicated fire/rescue department.
The facility was operated from a large control tower that sat on the corner where all three sims intersected, with a dedicated terminal building located at the north-east corner of Blake Sea airport. Initially a small building, during early 2014 the terminal was greatly expanded upon and was eventually rebuilt into a large tower structure.
In August 2014, following the closure of several other Claremont-operated airports, the Blake Sea/Claremont Airport conglomeration was closed by its owners in favour of a new location in southern Nautilus. The new airport was named Blake Sea Airport West as a nod to its predecessor, Blake Sea Airport.
There are no longer scheduled services to and from Blake Sea & Claremont Airports as of August 2014.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Aviation Fuel Station (DSA Fuel, Terra Fuel).
- Tri-color visual approach slope indicator (VASI).
- Airport beacon.
- Terminal building with passenger facilities.
- Rental hangars.
- Emergency fire and rescue facilities.