DOR Bancroft Field (ICAO: SLBB) was a single-runway public airfield located in the 'Anse Lazio Isle' region of the Seychelles Isles Estate - an independently operated group of sims in eastern Nautilus.
- Short runway & wide wingspan advisories (<100m long runway, 25m max wingspan).
- Unmarked and unlit runway, elevation 22 meters.
- "Want to get away from all of the modern airfields and have a vintage rural aviation experience? Then Bancroft Field and Seaplane Port is for you! All are welcome!"
- ― Airport management.
Created in February 2015, DOR Bancroft Field was a rural airfield and seaplane port built upon two islands in the 'Anse Lazio Isle' region. Designed as an abandoned post WW2 Pacific airfield (circa late 1940s), the tropical facility was equipped with a single 83m x 10m wooden-planked runway on its eastern-most island. To the south of the landing surface was a small pub named the Aviatrix and to its north was a wooden watchtower, a seaplane ramp (18m wide) and a small aircraft hangar. A wooden bridge linked it to the western island, which was primarily comprised of seaplane docks and administrative nissen huts. The facility was noted as being closed circa May 2015.
Currently, there are no scheduled services operating to or from DOR Bancroft Field, however charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Tri-color visual approach slope indicator (VASI).
- Aviation fuel station (TBM Fuel).
- Airport beacon.
- Seaplane docks.
- The Aviatrix Bar.
- Marina with public/reserved docks.