Emirates is a virtual non-commercial airline in Second Life®. Based at Second Norway Lufthavn's Terminal A, the airline serves the Second Life® Grid with commuter travel between major airports in the Blake Sea, Nautilus and Satori continents.
- "We want our passengers to have a good time, enjoy the flight and not worry about lag. We strive to make sure every passenger is comfortable and happy. Luxury is our goal and, without that, then we're just another airline."
- ― Ashley Macintyre, CEO and owner of Emirates SL.
Founded April 2013, Emirates' first service began between Miami Airport in Satori and Hollywood Airport, Blake Sea, using Coltercraft Aviation's Boeing 717-200. In late 2013, Emirates spun off a small regional airline called Emirates Regional Express, which utilized light aircraft and operated from smaller airports like St Martin Airfield. However, due to lack of demand for such destinations, Emirates Regional quickly merged once again with its parent company. It was also around this time that the airline took delivery of E-Tech's newly-released Boeing 737-800 airliner (the second airline in SL to operate the aircraft). Proving popular with passengers, the the new Boeing 737 was a welcome addition to the company's new fleet.
Following the closure of Miami International Airport in September 2013, Emirates' main headquarters moved to Second Norway Lufthavn in the Second Norway Estate east of the Blake Sea. Operating out of an office on Level 3 of the airport's main terminal (what is now dubbed Terminal B), the airline had a small first class lounge and an airline check-in area. During 2014, Emirates introduced further intercontinental flights using one of the largest civil aircraft in Second Life - the McDonnell Douglas DC-10. The airline continues to place a strong emphasis on flight comfort for passengers and is one of the few airlines that have aircraft that offer two choices of cabin. Following construction of Second Norway's "Terminal A" building in early 2015, Emirates moved its check-in desk and lounge to the new terminal's concourse level.
Airports in Second Life® served by Emirates include:
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- Hollywood Airport (SLHA)
- New Horizons Airport(SLNH)
- St Martin Airfield (SLMA)
- Honah Lee Field (SLHA)
- Aleksandr International Airport (SLAI)
- Baitoushan Intercontinental Airport (SLBA)
- Grenadier Marina & Airport (SLGR)
As of February 2015, the Emirates fleet includes the following aircraft:
- McDonnell Douglas DC-10-30F (Adventure Air)
- Boeing 737-800 (E-Tech)
- Embraer E170 (Dani)
- Embraer E-120 (Dani)
- Embraer Phenom 100 (Dani)
- Douglas DC-3 (Adventure Air)
- Bell/Agusta BA-609 (S&W)
- DHC-6 “Twin Otter” (Adventure Air)
- Cessna Citation 560XL (DSA)
- Beechcraft Starship (DSA)
- Beechcraft King Air (DSA)
- Boeing 717-200 (Coltercraft) (retired)
- Lockheed Model 10-E Electra (DSA) (retired)