The Eurocopter EC-135 (ICAO: EC35 / WAKE: SMALL) is a twin-engined utility helicopter. Created in Second Life by Shergood Aviation, the helicopter was loosely based on the real-life produced by the Airbus Helicopter.
This virtual EC-135 EMS/VIP edition is a reproduction of the Eurocopter EC135. The Eurocopter EC-135 is a modern technology helicopter using composite material. The tail rotor has been replaced with a 10 blades advanced Fenestron tail rotor .The main rotor incorporates with the latest bearingless. It is powered by twin engine either Pratt& Whitney 206B or Turbomeca Arrius 2B1 and managed through a FADEC control system (Full Authority Digital Electronic Control). With an all-up weight of 2485 kgs.,The EC-135 has been designed for reduced operator costs.The EC-135 can accommodate 6 passengers plus pilot . IT has sliding doors enable passengers to board and exit easily. It has clamshell doors to make it easier to load and unload luggage. 
The SA-FE (Shergood Aviation Flight Engine) engine driving this virtual reproduction was created by an RL helicopter pilot and designed to fly like an RL helicopter. The engine is purely physics based and features independent control of cyclic, collective, throttle and anti-torque pedals enabling true power-off autorotations.
- Working glass cockpit with five independently selectable MFDs
- SA-FE (Shergood Aviation Flight Engine) scripting with:
- Independent cyclic, collective, throttle and anti-torque controls
- Force/torque based physics model
- Realism features can be enabled or disabled to adjust level of difficulty.
- Weight dependent performance (fuel and passengers)
- Main rotor torque (pedals must be used to compensate)
- Independent engine and rotor RPM
- True power-off autorotations
- Ground effect increases lift near surfaces (land, water, or prim)
- Translational lift increases lift with forward airspeed
- Translating tendency results in a "left skid low" look during hover.
- Vortex ring state danger exists when helicopter is mishandled
- Working electrical system with rechargeable battery.
- Exterior lighting (instrumentation, navigation, landing, and taxi lights).
- Refuelling system with fuel quantity control
- Realistic sounds from an actual Eurocopter EC-135 helicopter
- Fully functioning dual controls.
- Paint kit system for user customizable painting.
- Unique N-number and serial number assigned to each aircraft.
- HOBBS meter tracks total time on aircraft.
- Access control system: owner only, guest or registered pilots.
- Passenger control - enable/disable access to passenger seats
- Dust/water particle effects when hovering near a surface.
- Many opening doors and panels with click-able components.
- Simulated damage (collision).
- Working champagne drink (VIP Only)
See Also Edit
- Eurocopter EC-135 (S&W)
- Eurocopter EC-135 (AeroFly)
- Eurocopter EC135 (Apolon)
- Sikorsky S-92 (Shergood)
- Sikorsky H-92 (Shergood)