Executive Airports are typically large airports with the following facilities:
- Paved level runway with landing markings and/or lights
- At least one additional paved level runway with markings/lights. OR, one public airship dock/landing station.
- Glide Slope Indicator (VASI) and/or ILS.
- Temporary and Rental Parking
- Control Tower
- Lounge and/or Club
- Terminal with Flight Services
Is in first category (1), and is subdivided in three others, if it is at ground (1g), on a platform (1p) or in the sky (1s).