Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The F-16 Fighting Falcon (ICAO: F16 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a single-engine multirole fighter aircraft. Created in Second Life by Tania Bouvier Motors (TBM), the aircraft was based on the real-life F-16 Fighting Falcon, originally developed by General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) for the United States Air Force (USAF).
Designed as an air superiority day fighter, the real-life F-16 evolved into a successful all-weather multirole aircraft. Over 4,500 aircraft have been built since production was approved in 1976. Although no longer being purchased by the U.S. Air Force, improved versions are still being built for export customers.
The Fighting Falcon has key features including a frameless bubble canopy for better visibility, side-mounted control stick to ease control while manoeuvring, a seat reclined 30 degrees to reduce the effect of g-forces on the pilot, and the first use of a relaxed static stability/fly-by-wire flight control system helps to make it a nimble aircraft. The F-16 has an internal M61 Vulcan cannon and 11 locations for mounting weapons and other mission equipment.
- Heads-up display (HUD) for pilot (camera, gauges and Vice for Combat).
- Two Flyable models (military & Thunderbirds).
- Animated canopy, landing gear, surfaces and flaps.
- Display models (not scripted, except the canopy, modifiable) and decorations for maintenance display.
- Three flight-modes - normal aerobatic mode, "Hardcore" mode and "Hyper Hardcore".
- VICE combat system with: AIM7 (air to air guided missile), GBU24 (air to ground guided bomb), AIM9 (air to air guided missile) and AGM65 (air to ground guided missile).
- Optional fuel system (TBM Fuel).
- High-detail mesh construction.