The Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (ICAO: F22 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a single-seat, twin-engine, all weather stealth tactical fighter aircraft. Created in Second Life by E-Tech, the aircraft was based on the real-life F-22 Raptor developed for the United States Air Force (USAF) by Lockheed Martin Aeronautics.
The real-life Raptor was the result of the USAF's Advanced Tactical Fighter program and was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter. In addition, the aircraft's capabilities include ground attack, electronic warfare, and signals intelligence roles. The F-22's combination of stealth, aerodynamic performance, and situational awareness gave the aircraft unprecedented air combat capabilities. A final procurement tally of 187 operational production aircraft was established in 2009 and the last F-22 was delivered to the USAF in 2012.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Engine on/off, canopy, lights, missile/gun bay doors, airbrake, flaps, gear, wings, camera control, military power, armament select/fire, and VICE on/off switches.
- Animated map display.
- Generation 2 flight system with options for extreme manoeuvres.
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (Missile bay doors, gun bay doors, control surfaces, landing gear, canopy etc.).
- VICE combat system with: 20mm M61A2 Vulcan cannon and AIM9L Sidewinder, AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles. Radar targeting.
- Optional smoke trails (x6 colors).
- Permission modes: Owner, Group or Everyone.