The Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet (ICAO: F18 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a twin-engine, tandem-seat, carrier-capable multirole fighter aircraft. Created in Second Life by E-Tech, the aircraft was based on the real-life F/A-18 Super Hornet originally developed for the United States Navy by McDonnell Aircraft.
Designed and initially produced by McDonnell Douglas, the real-life F/A-18F Super Hornet is a larger and more advanced derivative of the F/A-18C and D Hornet. The Super Hornet has an internal 20 mm M61 rotary cannon and can carry air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. Additional fuel can be carried in up to five external fuel tanks and the aircraft can be configured as an airborne tanker by adding an external air refuelling system. The Super Hornet first flew in 1995 and full-rate production began in September 1997, after the merger of McDonnell Douglas and Boeing the previous month.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Engine on/off, canopy, lights, hook, fuel probe, airbrake, flaps, gear, wings, camera control, military power, armament select/fire, and VICE on/off switches.
- Animated map display.
- Generation 2 flight system with options for extreme manoeuvres.
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (folding wings, refuelling probe, landing hook, control surfaces, landing gear, canopy etc.).
- VICE combat system with: *20mm M61A2 Vulcan cannon and AIM9L Sidewinder, AGM-65 Maverick missiles. Radar targeting.
- Optional smoke trails (x6 colors).
- Permission modes: Owner, Group or Everyone.