Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
GridWide Airways (ICAO: GWA / IATA: GW / Call-Sign: GRIDWIDE) is a commercial virtual airline in Second Life®. GA serves the Second Life® Grid with commuter travel between regional airports in the Blake Sea, Nautilus, Corsica, Sansara, and Satori continents.
In addition GridWide Airways also owns a subsidiary company, GridWide Cargo Service, which specializes in cargo delivery role-play services.
GridWide Airways was started in 2009 on a private region and has since grown to provide service to most areas of SL. GridWide Airways is owned and operated by Brian Hackett (airport.organiser).
Airports in Second Life® served by GridWide Airways include:
- Abbotts Airport (SLAZ)
- Aurora Seaplane Base (SLBA)
- Baitoushan Intercontinental Airport (SLBA)
- Bay City Municipal Airport (SLBC)
- Bay City Heliport (SLHP)
- Hollywood Airport (SLHA)
- Honah Lee Field (SLHL)
- Kremer Airfield (SLKR)
- New Horizons Airport (SLNH)
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- Second Life International Airport (SLIA)
- Slapdoogle Regional Airport (SLSR)
- Subak Airstrip (SLSK)
- St Martin Airfield (SLSM)
- USS Reprisal (USSR)
- Valmorel Airstrip (SLVA)
- Waypoint Airport (SLWP)
As of May 2014, the GridWide Airways fleet includes the following aircraft:
- DHC-6 “Twin Otter” (Adventure Air)
- DHC-2 Beaver (S&W)
- DC-10-30F (Adventure Air)
- KC-10A Extender (Adventure Air)
- Eurocopter AS-365 (S&W)
- Boeing 717-200 (Coltercraft)
- MV-22B Osprey (Omega Concern)
- Bell 212 Twin Huey (S&W)
- Mil Mi-26P “Halo” (AMOK)
- Bombardier CRJ-200 (JP)
- Douglas DC-3 (Adventure Air)
- MD-500 (S&W)
- KA-26 "Hoodlum" (Adventure Air)
- Prefabrica P-3 Pelican
- Prefabrica P-1 Cloudkite
- Prefabrica P-1 SeaKite
- Prefabrica P-2 Goose
- Terra Aerius
- Terra Wind Rider
- And More...