Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Grumman F9F Panther (ICAO: F9F / WAKE: LIGHT) single-engined, straight-winged day fighter. Created in Second Life by E-Tech, the aircraft was based on the real-life F9F Panther, developed by Grumman.
The Grumman F9F Panther was the manufacturer's first jet fighter and one of the United States Navy's first successful carrier-based jet fighters. A single-engined, straight-winged day fighter, it was fitted with an armament of four 20 mm (0.79 in) cannons and could carry a wide assortment of air-to-ground munitions.
The Panther was used extensively by the U.S. Navy and the United States Marine Corps in the Korean War. It was also the first jet aircraft used by the Blue Angels flight team, being used by them from 1949 through to late 1954. The aircraft was exported to Argentina and was the first jet used by the Argentine Naval Aviation.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Engine on/off, canopy, lights, hook, airbrake, flaps, gear, wings, camera control, military power, armament select/fire, and VICE on/off switches.
- Animated map display.
- Generation 2 flight system with options for extreme manoeuvres.
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (folding wings, landing hook, control surfaces, landing gear, canopy etc.).
- VICE combat system with: 20mm M2 cannon, 127mm rockets and bomb.
- Optional smoke trails (x6 colors).
- Permission modes: Owner, Group or Everyone.