- Elevation Advisory: Runway located at 750m. Minimum recommended approach at 780m. Best approach made at 800m heading East (090) along the Codlet > Jharm corridor.
- No Rez zone (Do not get out of your vehicle).
- New runway is unlit and unmarked.
Herkja Field is the private home of Eowyn Southmoor and base of operations for Southmoor Charter services, formed in March 2015. Born out of an idea to experiment with having a runway strip located within a large rental skydome - the environment offering a large runway space for relatively small cost, Herkja field was initially completed in June 2015.
Nestled amongst the snow-capped mountains of the skydome, the original construction featured a large 242x30 asphalt runway, combined with a large hanger, fuel station, taxi area, workshop, lookout rest area, and 4 helipads.
In late November 2015, the facility was rebuilt with a focus towards a more rural looking airstrip. The runway is now hard-packed dirt measuring 200x20 metres. The fuel station, 2 helipads, and lookout remains but much of the remaining area has been turned into farm land.
Pilots are welcome to land and use the refueling facilities but please respect the privacy of the owner
Facilities and services
- Tri-color visual approach indicator (VASI).
- Aviation fuel station (DSA, Dani, Shergood).
- x2 Helipads.
- Outdoor rest area / lookout.