- Short runway advisory.
- Minimum approach altitude: 150m
- Ban lines have been removed in Leafroller - direct flight path from SLRR in Burnet to Leafroller is now possible
Hooktip Airfield is part of the community of Hooktip - a research project at the University of Washington that studies virtual worlds and the ability to generate in students creativity, collaborative capacity, and an entrepreneurial attitude in what could be called "gamification"; near the runway there is a building where you can read more about it. Also sharing space in this region is California Polytechnic State University (Cal Poly), demonstrating works and videos from its Architecture department.
The Airfield is adjacent to Hooktip Station South, a combination airport/train terminal that serves the Second Life Railroad and all stations on it. A pedestrian tunnel under the runway connects the airfield to the terminal. For travelers wishing to rez their own trains, there is a rez zone on the tracks at the station. Yavanna's PodTour vehicles also frequent this station, arriving every 15-30 minutes.
For those interested in living in this educational/aviation/rail community, there are townhomes that occasionally are available for rent. The town is growing, with shops and business space, a cafe and club, and our own regional park.
Currently, there are no scheduled services operating to or from Hooktip Airfield, however charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public Rez Zone (packed dirt, 10-minute autoreturn)
- Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI)
- Airport Beacon
- Passenger Waiting Area on dirt field
- Mid-sized Terminal (Airport and Train Station)
- Rental Townhomes nearby in full-service community