The Junkers Ju 52/3m (ICAO: --- / WAKE: MEDIUM) was a German trimotor transport aircraft. Created in Second Life by CheerMaster, the aircraft was based on the real-life Junkers Ju 52, manufactured by Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke AG.
The real-life Junkers Ju 52 (nicknamed Tante Ju ("Aunt Ju") and Iron Annie) saw both civilian and military service during the 1930s and 1940s. In a civilian role, it flew with over twelve air carriers including Swissair and Deutsche Luft Hansa as an airliner and freight hauler. In a military role, it flew with the Luftwaffe as a troop and cargo transport and briefly as a medium bomber. The Ju 52 continued in postwar service with military and civilian air fleets well into the 1980s.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Compass, airspeed, artificial horizon, altimeter, vertical speed indicator (VSI), pitch, and fuel gauges.
- Doors, brakes, lights, flaps, engines, colors, modes, and settings switches.
- Flight log (tracks your landing scores, flight times and total hours flown).
- Working cockpit instruments and switches.
- Animated components (yoke, switches, instruments, flaps, elevators, ailerons, rudder, wheels, x2 doors, and propellers).
- Exterior lighting (cockpit, cabin, navigation, landing, and instrument panel lights).
- Remote flying feature via HUD.
- x4 included liveries (Lufthansa, Woodland Camo, German Officer / Immelmann II and Art Deco).
- "Boarding Mode" option (locks the cockpit seats).
- Optional fuel system with realistic fuel consumption.
- Guest, Group and Owner only pilot modes.