The Junkers Ju 52/3m (ICAO: --- / WAKE: MEDIUM) was a German trimotor transport aircraft. Created in Second Life by Tumansky Heavy Industries (THI), the replica aircraft was based on the real-life Junkers Ju 52, manufactured by Junkers Flugzeug- und Motorenwerke AG.
The real-life Junkers Ju 52 (nicknamed Tante Ju ("Aunt Ju") and Iron Annie) saw both civilian and military service during the 1930s and 1940s. In a civilian role, it flew with over twelve air carriers including Swissair and Deutsche Luft Hansa as an airliner and freight hauler. In a military role, it flew with the Luftwaffe as a troop and cargo transport and briefly as a medium bomber. The Ju 52 continued in postwar service with military and civilian air fleets well into the 1980s.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Compass, airspeed, artificial horizon, altimeter, vertical speed indicator (VSI), and x3 RPM gauges.
- Lighting, instruments, manifest, flaps, and engines switches.
- Laminar flight engine (LFE) physics with trim, flaps, realistic momentum and breaking.
- Animated components (interior/exterior doors, ailerons, flaps, rudder, elevators, toilet, and propellers).
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights, landing lights, instrument panel lights, and cabin lights).
- Passenger eject feature.