Ka-Tet-Air (Call-Sign KTA) is a non-commercial virtual airline in Second Life®. The airline was founded by owner Rana Narmo in July 2015. It serves the Second Life® grid with commuter flights between Blake-Sea, Nautilus, Satori and the independent Eden Naturist Estate.
The Airline is named after the famous book series of Stephen King "The Dark Tower". Few symbols of these novels can be found on the airplanes, p.e. the rose. All aircrafts wear the sign of Stephen King.
The first aircraft was the Ju 52/3m from Cheermaster. Then came quickly an A318. Now the airline includes 16 various aircrafts.
The headquarter of Ka-Tet-Air was located at the Grenadier Marina & Airport until the closing of the airport november 2015. Then the headquarter moves to Baitoushan Intercontinental Airport. Now the HQ of Ka-Tet-Air is located on a private island in the Eden Naturist Estate and can be reached with boats or seaplanes. Stations of the Ka-Tet-Air are on the Tortuga-Bay-Airport and the Graviola-Airport.
A very new feature of the Ka-Tet-Air is the "Beach Taxi", scheduled and charter flights between islands and beaches. The fleet of KTA Beach Taxi includes a DHC-6 Twin-Otter with gear and some seaplanes. You can identify them on the yellow livery with the black palm-tree-logo. The aircrafts can land on the water or on short impassable runways.
Airports in Second Life® served by Ka-Tet-Air include:
- Aleksandr International Airport (SLAI)
- Baitoushan Intercontinental Airport (SLBA)
- Second Norway Lufthavn (SLSN)
- White Star Airfield (SLWS)
- Eden Airstrip (SLEN) (also served by KTA Beach Taxi)
- Tortuga Bay (SLTB) (also served by KTA Beach Taxi)
- Frozen Banana Airstrip (SLFZ) (only served by KTA Beach Taxi)
- Honah Lee Field (SLHL) (also served by KTA Beach Taxi)
- Tuarua Fiji International Airport (SLTF)
- Pukalani Airport (SLPU)
- Graviola Airport (SLGR) (also served by KTA Beach Taxi)
For more destinations ask for a charter flight!
As in June 2016 the Ka-Tet-Air fleet includes the following aircraft:
- Airbus A318 (Dani)
- Cessna 208B Grand Caravan (Dani)
- Embraer E-120 (Dani)
- Junkers Ju 52/3m (CheerMaster)
- Junkers F 13 (Adventure Air)
- DC-3 (Adventure Air)
- Antonov AN-2 (Adventure Air)
- DHC-6 "Twin Otter" (Adventure Air)
- Boeing 737-200 (Dani)
- D-109 Helicopter (Dani)
- Boeing B-734 Chinook Helicopter (Amok)
- Boeing 727-100c (McKeenan Aviation)
- MA Dragonfly (McKeenan Aviation)
- Jet Stratus Blimp (McKeenan Aviation)
- Waco YKS-7 (=TBM=)
- Cessna Skymaster 337 (Shana Carpool)