Kinrara Airfield was a single-runway public airfield located in the 'Kinrara' region of southern Corsica. Prior to the construction of Honah Lee Trudeau Airfield in 2013, Kinrara was the home of Spijkers & Wingtips aviation and marine products.
- None reported...
- "The airfield is owned and operated by Tig Spijkers and is 'The Gateway between the Nautilus and Corsica'. Kinrara is on the mainland is in a location that will also appeal to sailing enthusiasts, with open Linden owned and protected waterways. Guests are allowed to rezz aircraft without a group to start flying! One can also shop at RH Manufacturers and Skizm Tech."
- ― Jessii, SL Airport Expo team.
Created circa 2008-11, Kinrara Airfield was a simple tropical island airfield equipped with a single north/south asphalt runway. On the eastern edge of the island, alongside the centrally-located landing surface, were two hangars (one large, one small) displaying aircraft manufactured by airfield owners Spijkers & Wingtips. There was also a small marine and tiki lounge where pilots and sailors could relax after a long day of sailing or flying. The airfield ceased operating in 2013, as it was superseded and replaced by S&W's new airfield venture in the 'Honah Lee Trudeau' region of the (recently formed) Honah Lee Estate.
At its height, there were no scheduled services operating to or from Kinrara Airfield, however charter flights may have been available on request.
Facilities and services
- Large hangar building with:
- Spijkers & Wingtips demo aircraft and vendors.
- x1 small hangar.
- Tiki lounge.
- ↑ Jessii (April 23, 2012). SL Airport Expo Blog Featured Airports of the Day! (English) (Blog). slairportexpo.blogspot.co.uk. Retrieved on 2015-11-26.