Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Mil MI-8 (Russian: Ми-8, NATO reporting name: Hip) (ICAO: MI8 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a Soviet-designed medium twin-turbine transport helicopter. There are also armed gunship versions. Created in Second Life by Amok Dynamics, the aircraft was based on the real-life Mil MI-8T "Hip".
The real-life Mil MI-8T "Hip" is among the world's most-produced helicopters, used by over 50 countries. Russia is the main producer and the largest operator of the Mi-8/Mi-17 helicopter. There are numerous variants of the MI-8, including the MI-8T which is armed with rockets and anti-tank guided missiles, in addition to carrying 24 troops.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD).
- Controls can be swapped between pilot and copilot and vice versa.
- Functioning rear ramp & side door.
- Functioning cockpit instruments.
- Functioning landing gear.
- Rear and side-mounted machine-guns (VICE combat system/MCE combat system).