Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Nieuport 17 was a single-seater biplane fighter. Created in Second Life by Terra Aeronautics, the plane was based on the real-life Nieuport 17, a French fighter aircraft used during the First World War.
Terra's Nieuport 17 was intended to be a replica of the aircraft flew by Canadian Fighter Ace, Billy Bishop. In 1917 Bishop flew his Nieuport 17 in combat against German pilots, including an engagement with Manfred von Richthofen — the infamous “Red Baron”. By the end of the war, Bishop had shot down 72 enemy aircraft. Among Allied aces, he was second only to René Fonck, with 75.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachment with:
- Airspeed, engine temperature, artificial horizon, throttle, fuel Level, and altitude instruments.
- Rez plane, engine on/off, controls, smoke, HUD minimize, and options menu switches.
- Terra Combat System with: 1 × Lewis gun on Foster mounting on upper wing.
- Optional particle smoke-trail emitter.
- Animated components (elevators, ailerons, rudder).
- Fuel system (Terra Fuel).