The Nieuport 17 was a single-seater biplane fighter. Created in Second Life by Terra Aeronautics, the plane was based on the real-life Nieuport 17, a French fighter aircraft used during the First World War.
Terra's Nieuport 17 was intended to be a replica of the aircraft flew by Canadian Fighter Ace, Billy Bishop. In 1917 Bishop flew his Nieuport 17 in combat against German pilots, including an engagement with Manfred von Richthofen — the infamous “Red Baron”. By the end of the war, Bishop had shot down 72 enemy aircraft. Among Allied aces, he was second only to René Fonck, with 75.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachment with:
- Airspeed, engine temperature, artificial horizon, throttle, fuel Level, and altitude instruments.
- Rez plane, engine on/off, controls, smoke, HUD minimize, and options menu switches.
- Terra Combat System with: 1 × Lewis gun on Foster mounting on upper wing.
- Optional particle smoke-trail emitter.
- Animated components (elevators, ailerons, rudder).
- Fuel system (Terra Fuel).