Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The P-51B/C Mustang (ICAO: P51 / WAKE: LIGHT) is a long-range, single-seat vintage fighter and fighter-bomber. Created in Second Life by Tumansky Heavy Industries, Jester Avionics and Laminar Systems, the plane was based on the iconic real-life North American P-51B/C Mustang, an earlier variant of the North American P-51D Mustang , which is an American fighter aircraft used during World War II.
Produced by Tumansky Heavy Industries for Second Life, the aircraft is closely referenced to both P-51 B and C Models of Mustangs, in order to bring a realistic experience to Second Life's Aviation and Combat communities.
The P-51B/C takes advantage of Laminar Systems' LFE (Laminar Flight Engine), which references a real P-51 Mustang's flight physics model to a 1:6 measurement scale. The P-51B/C is also one of the few Aircraft released in the age of Mesh, to be only consistent of sculpted and regular prims. This gives the aircraft a lower Land Impact of 32 prims, and allows it to sculpt map swap the Canopy prim via a script for it to change between B and C models. A separate P-51 C "Excalibur III" model is unarmed and is mainly used as an Air Racer.
List of the P-51B/C VICE stats:
VICE ALA 100HP
KMK option is available
- 2 x LMG bullet rezzers.
- 2 x SMB bombs
- HUD featuring accurately-styled flight instrumentation and combat information
- state of art flight model, with "Advanced" flight mode features advanced lift, glide, and drag: drop into a dive at breakneck speeds, gently (or otherwise) stall the plane when moving too slowly, and perform a perfect dead-stick landing.
- Real Merlin engine sounds
- Guest pilot support
- Custom-designed special effects, including combat damage smoke and a "crashed" model
- 2 combat systems: VICE and TCS
- 2 VICE-enabled 500LB Bombs
- 4 camera angles to choose from
- fully-animated landing gear, flaps and control surfaces.