The Pilatus PC-21 (ICAO: PC21 / WAKE: LIGHT) is a single-turboprop, low wing swept monoplane advanced trainer with a stepped tandem cockpit. Created in Second Life by Spijkers & Wingtips, the aircraft was based on the real-life Pilatus PC-21, built in Switzerland by Pilatus Aircraft.
The real-life Pilatus PC-21 features a tandem-seating arrangement (student in-front/instructor behind) in a bird strike resistant glass canopy with all round vision, glass cockpit with three large colour liquid crystal displays (LCD), head-up displays (HUD), Hands on Throttle and Stick (HOTAS) controls and Zero-zero ejection seats for student and instructor.
Available on the Second Life marketplace and in-world, Spijkers & Wingtips' recreation of the Pilatus PC-21 features a fully-featured pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD), working canopy, folding landing gear, flaps, and realistic lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon). The sold package includes a full sized display model, a desktop model, an armed model, texturing templates, and a flight suit.
- Pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD).
- Working lighting (landing light, navigation lights, strobes, and beacon).
- Working flaps, landing gear, and canopy.
- Working instruments (artificial horizon, region map).
- Armed variant compatible with VICE combat system.
- Four built-in paint schemes.
- Refuelling system (DSA Fuel).
- Fully customizable.