- Elevation: 22 meters, minimum approach to 40m.
- Short runway & wide wingspan advisories.
- Mount Cooper (el. 100m) is directly to the south.
- Slow rez advisory: Due to the large amount of foliage near this location, this airport may take longer to load than many. Pre-landing flyover to cache objects is strongly recommended.
Rainforest Airfield is a simple airport with a single dirt landing strip (170 x 18 m); it has a small marina with a cafe and a terrace in the tropical theme of the area. The field is in the heart of the Rainforest estate with its many activities and points of interest.
In August 2015 the field's name was changed from SCS Airport to Rainforest Airfield.
In March 2017, the field underwent major improvements. The runway was lengthened and moved to a North/South orientation. Additional hanger space and tie downs were added and the apron widened. A terminal and cafe were built and a seaplane ramp was installed along the southern shore.
Currently, there are no scheduled services operating to or from Rainforest Airfield, however charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
The following charter lines operate from Rainforest Airfield:
- Public rez zone (30 min apron - 1 min runway)
- Visual Approach Slope Glide Indicator (VASI)
- Airport beacon
- Public rez zone
- x1 public helipad
- Dani, DSA, Terra and TBM avgas depot
- Seaplane Ramp
- LandMaster Scoring
- Water landings parallel to and east of the runway
- ILS Data for HSI Indicator: Fraiser Island -|South|<292547.400000,265906.600000,21.781240>
- Cafe and boat dock
- Motor boat, kayak and horse rezzers
- Small terminal
- x6 Hanger rentals
- x7 Tie Down rentals