Shepard's Point Airfield (ICAO: SL--) was a rural public airfield in the 'Xanthorhoe' region of eastern Heterocera Atoll. The small airfield was leased by the adjacent Second Life Coast Guard (SLCG), which as of September 2014 has also ceased to exist.
- Small square parcel S/W of the strip has Banline restrictions.
- Large Wingspan Aircraft Advisory: Display aircraft near runway.
Shepard's Point Airfield was a compact airport featuring a single airstrip. It was comprised of two small hangers (initially only one), six helicopter pads (initially two) and refuelling services. The last building on the strip was a combination control tower and headquarters for emergency crews.
After a long operational history, the airport was noted as having been closed and removed as of September 2014.
Currently, there are no scheduled services operating to or from Shepard's Point Airfield, however charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Aviation Fuel Station (DSA Fuel, Terra Fuel).
- Visual approach slope indicator (VASI).
- x2 Helipads.
- Airport beacon.
- Emergency services.
- Access to the Route 5 LDPW motorway.
- Access to Second Life Railroad (SLRR) - Melanthia Station.