Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk (ICAO: H60 / WAKE: MEDIUM) is a four-bladed, twin-engine, medium-lift utility helicopter. Created in Second Life by E-Tech, the aircraft was based on the real-life UH-60 Black Hawk, built by Sikorsky Aircraft.
The real-life UH-60A entered service with the U.S. Army in 1979, to replace the Bell UH-1 Iroquois as the Army's tactical transport helicopter. This was followed by the fielding of electronic warfare and special operations variants of the Black Hawk. Improved UH-60L and UH-60M utility variants have also been developed. Modified versions have also been developed for the U.S. Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. In addition to U.S. Army use, the UH-60 family has been exported to several nations. Black Hawks have served in combat during conflicts in Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Somalia, the Balkans, Afghanistan, and other areas in the Middle East.
The Black Hawk helicopter series can perform a wide array of missions, including the tactical transport of troops, electronic warfare, and aeromedical evacuation. A VIP version known as the VH-60N is used to transport important government officials (e.g., Congress, Executive departments) with the helicopter's call sign of "Marine One" when transporting the President of the United States. In air assault operations, it can move a squad of 11 combat troops or reposition a 105 mm M119 howitzer with 30 rounds ammunition, and a four-man crew in a single lift. The Black Hawk is equipped with advanced avionics and electronics for increased survivability and capability, such as the Global Positioning System.
- Pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD) with:
- Engine on/off, lights, collective, speed, camera control, missile select/fire, and VICE on/off switches.
- Keyboard and mouse-look piloting modes.
- Exterior lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (weaponry, main rotor, tail rotor, doors etc.).
- VICE combat system with: AIM 9L Sidewinder, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles.
- Hovering particle effects.
- Includes two versions - combat and non-combat
- Permission modes: Owner, Group or Everyone.