Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Airport was located on a platform 50m above the ocean, minimum recommended approach 60m.
- "Smuggler's Cove is in an abandoned military base taken over by Smugglers, and is the home of many shady deals. The Cheerleaders took over, and restored order, however ghosts and remnants of it's former life still remain."
- ― Debi Dastardly, airport management.
Founded in September 2014 by members of the Second Life Cheerleading Squad (SLCS), Smuggler's Cove is themed to resemble an abandoned military base and is equipped with two parallel 175m x 20m runways, an expansive apron, four mid-sized hangars, a wooden watchtower, aviation fuel station (DSA, Terra & TBM fuel), fire department and a small terminal building with vendors. Underneath the platform on which the airport is built, there is a large marina with rental docks and a Second Life Coast Guard (SLCG) sub-station.
The land was subsequently sold and the airport closed in August of 2016.
The following list includes all airlines who maintain a presence at Smugglers Cove or operate scheduled services to and from the facility as of September 2015. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
- Bluejet Airways.
- Crown Airlines Alliance.
- Eagle Airways.
- Mystic Wolf Charter.
- SLCS Airlines.
- Spartan Air.
- Yggdrasil Air.
- Public rez zone
- Precision approach path indicator (PAPI).
- Tri-color visual approach slope indicator (VASI).
- Aviation fuel station (DSA, Terra & TBM fuel).
- x2 airport beacons.
- Small terminal building with:
- x10 rental hangars.
- x5 rental tie-downs.
- x1 emergency helipad.
- Marina with rental docks.
- Second Life Coast Guard (SLCG) is now a full time Coast guard station.
- Smuggler's Cove Airport is built above the former location of Gulfport, which also was home to the now defunct Gulfport International Airport.