The THI PF-01 is a series of custom-built, low-wing, training/combat aircraft. Created in Second Life by Tumansky Heavy Industries (THI), the plane is an original design styled on fictional aircraft from the Crimson Skies franchise.
One of the earliest aircraft lines manufactured by Tumansky Heavy Industries, the PF-01 Series is a collection of several Dieselpunk-themed, propeller-driven monoplanes constructed circa 2007. Modelled with Sculpted Prims (Sculpties) and styled after 1930s-1940s period aircraft, the PF-01 was largely built in concession to the sensibilities of the contemporaneous Dogfight Atoll aviation sim.
- Pilot/co-pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachments with:
- Airspeed, compass, altitude, artificial horizon, throttle, and combat instruments.
- Engine, canopy, landing gear, combat, options, and ordinance release switches.
- Basic/advanced flight physics modes.
- Pilot/co-pilot control modes (PF-01T trainer only).
- Animated components (canopy, landing gear, wheels, propeller, particle effects).
- VICE/TCS combat systems with:
- x2 machine-guns and x2 bombs.
- Simulated damage (combat damage smoke and crash model).
- Available in x3 variants (PF-01A fighter, PF-01C multi-role, PT-01C trainer).