The Terra Atom is a custom-built, low-wing, single-seat sport aircraft manufactured in Second Life by Terra Aeronautics.
Released in March 2015, the Atom is Terra Aeronautics' first mesh aircraft and their first plane since the 2009 release of the Terra Stingray. While the Atom is an original creation, its mid-century design was inspired by the Supermarine S.6B, P-51 Mustang, and Bugatti 100p. A long streamlined nose houses the aircraft's engine and propeller, with the cockpit's bubble canopy faired into an unbroken line to a V-tail (equipped with a combination elevator-rudder called a ruddervator).
The aircraft comes equipped with animated fixed landing gear, functional flaps, optional damage simulation, working cockpit instruments, optional smoke trails and a pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachment. Additionally, the Terra Atom’s handling can be modified to the pilot's preferences by adjusting the roll, pitch, and thrust. In terms of customizability, the aircraft is modifiable, with seven alternate paint schemes and templates provided.
- Pilot's heads-up display (HUD) attachment with:
- Throttle, airspeed, altimeter, vertical speed indicator, compass, engine temperature, fuel and artificial horizon instruments.
- Engine on/off, flaps, parking brakes, pilot eject and smoke switches.
- Options menu, camera and safe mode switches.
- Warning lights.
- Working cockpit instruments.
- Flight physics includes flaps and sensitivity settings.
- Automatic lighting (navigation lights).
- Animated components (wheels, propeller, ailerons, ruddervators, flaps etc.).
- Optional simulated damage (collision, engine damage, and overspeed wing shear).
- Optional smoke trails.
- Optional fuel system (Terra Fuel) and engine temperature.
- Paint menu with x7 liveries.
- Permission modes: Owner, Group or Everyone.