- Pilots can fly to other locations in the Eden & Fruit Islands Estate landmass from this location, currently 188 sims.
- See Tortuga Bay website for approach advisories.
Tortuga Bay was built as a fortified port by the Spanish in the 16th century. The island was used by pirates and smugglers over the centuries. Some decades ago during a civil war, a Banana Republic dictator built a military airstrip, but was ousted by the Americans who left the place bombed and deserted.
We found the island with its run down installations and old mission church. We filled in the potholes on the runway and renovated the buildings. We converted the old mission church into a terminal and built a new bar on the ruins of the old port.
The island is now a flourishing tourist destination and regional hub for local transport and trade.
The following list includes all scheduled services to and from Tortuga Bay, as of June 2016. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Precision approach path indicator (PAPI).
- Re-fueling facilities (Terra, Dani, DSA, Kelly and TBM fuel).
- x1 public helipad (Center of apron).
- x1 seaplane ramp (North East).
- Rental Tie-Downs, helipads, seaplane slips and hangars available.
- Marina, with docks for boats and seaplanes.