Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
RAF Tsurington Aerodrome (ICAO: SLTS) is a small public airfield located in the 'Tsurington' region of southern Nautilus, immediately north-west of Nautilus City. The facility is a themed Post War Era Aerodrome designed exclusively for light propeller aircraft.
- Non-Conventional runway material. Runway composed of sod grass turfs. Runway marked and Distance markers are lit.
- Visual approach slope indicator or Tri-Coloured VASI in use Amber=Too High, Green=Correct Path, Red=Too Low.
- Length 630ft X 52ft Width (192m X 16m) with additional 39ft (12m) clearance each side of marked runway.
- Runway Elevation 131ft (40m) or 65ft (20m) above Sea level.
- Runway Approach Bearing 280° @ 227m S-N, Take-off Bearing 10°
- Designed exclusively for light propeller/piston engined aircraft to a maximum size similar to the DC-3 or C-47, Jet Aircraft Prohibited.
RAF Tsurington is a themed Post War Era Aerodrome designed exclusively for light prop aircraft. Although jets are not allowed at any time, helicopters may stop temporarily to refuel at the Aerodrome. It’s a good place to refuel or take a time out to relax on the observation terrace after sampling a cocktail in the Lemon Drop Martini Lounge Bar during your travels over south of Nautilus.
Originally designed with a criss-crossing layout (runway 09 for take-off and 27 for landing, with the shorter runway 11 / 29 only for emergency use), the airfield's runways were rebuilt in December 2014 with a new single 192m x 16m runway design. In addition, the airfield acquired a new terminal building with hangar spaces at the southern side of the facility.
- 112 Squadron RAF ('The Shark Squadron')
- HM Coastguard RAF Tsurington Division operated by gridnet™ Consortium
Official Resident Airlines
Operating from its main terminal you will find the airports residential airline operators who offer passengers a regular classic travel service across the continents adjoining Nautilus region. One of the main contracted operator services is the subsidiary company of gridnet™ airways known as YELLOW AIR TAXI who are offering a business style Air Taxi Shuttle service to any sized & accessible airport from RAF Tsurington Aerodrome, these airline operators listed below are the only official airlines currently offering a regular service from the airport.
Un-Official non-resident Airlines
The following list includes all non-scheduled services to and from Tsurington Aerodrome, as of June 2016. Other non-scheduled charter flights may be available on request. Please contact airlines for more information.
Facilities and services
- Public rez zone.
- Aviation Fuel Area(DSA, Terra, TBM, AvA fuel).
- ATC service: the owners made the ATC service, preferably via GridTalkie, a some hours a day.
- HM Coastguard Search and rescue (SAR) Base operational on GMT Timezones monitoring GridTalkie, 117.900 MHz, and Shergood Aviation ATC Radar ELT service.
- x20 rental hangars & tie-down spaces various sizes.
- x4 rental Airline Desks.
- HMCG Station Base operated by gridnet™ consortium.
- AIR Taxi Shuttle Service.
- Residential Pilot Training School.
- Mid-sized terminal building with:
- Passenger Rooftop Viewing Gallery and Café.
- ATC tower building